Pages

Thursday, June 1, 2017

May Was a Whirlwind!

Hello friends! I am happy to report I am finally coming up for air...lol!
I always forget how busy the end of the school year is and this year was a little more busy than normal as will be explained in this post. So, stick around and see what I have been up to these past few weeks. Here's a little teacher humor to get started!





Seriously though...I love my job and I am not complaining, but there truly is no tired like end of the year teacher tired. :)

I decided to look through the photos on my phone and pick out a few highlights from the past month. Let's start with Field Day with the kinders. Here they are being silly!


The second Saturday in May I helped my sister throw a baby shower/gender reveal party for one of her sons and his wife. We did a bee theme and it turned out so cute! As usual, I used a lot of my own decor. Here's a few of my milk glass pieces filled with toppings for the ice cream bar which was requested by the daddy to be.


I made the banners and we ordered the balloon kit from Amazon. So cute!


He or She...What Will It Bee? This was my first gender reveal party and it was so fun!


Isn't this little crocheted bee hive and bees just adorable?



The little honey jars and dippers were cute little gifts for the guests.


And...it's a girl! My prediction was correct!


The following day was Mother's Day and my kids treated me to lunch and a movie. I picked Chuy's (Mexican food) and the movie Gifted. It was so good...we all loved it!



We went to one of the recently renovated theaters and it now has reclining seats...so cool! Here's a picture of my feet! Let me just say I am loving the shoes I am wearing here. So much so, that I now have three pairs in different colors. They are Bob's by Skechers. They are called Flexpadrilles and are made from neoprene which is what diving suits are made from. They have memory foam in them and are amazingly comfy! I have a lot of pain in my feet due to arthritis and I have wide feet as well and these shoes are so perfect for me. I have them in khaki, navy, and black.


So...the Monday after Mother's Day, I had a training at school and was out of the classroom for the day. My principal comes in and asks me to step outside with her for a minute. I was like...uh oh...what did I do! You former teachers know the feeling...lol! Anywho, turns out, she just wanted to ask me if I wanted to move to first grade since a position was opening. I had recently told her I would like to move up to second grade if something opened so she knew I might want this position...especially since one of my partner teachers was moving up to first grade too. Kaycee and I work really well together and my principal knew I might want this position so I could continue working with her. So...I pondered on it for a bit and accepted the position. 


I am moving back to first grade. I taught first for 6 years but it has been several years since I left. I am super excited and this is one of the biggest reasons I have been more exhausted than usual...moving ALL my stuff! The best part is, I asked her if I could have my kiddos I had this year and she said yes, as long as their parents were OK with it. All my parents were thrilled and so am I!
I love my kids so much...look what one of my little sweeties wrote for me. I love how she put my signature smiley face "Y" on my name. I always sign my name like this at school and if I occasionally forget, the kids remind me quickly. 


I made sunshine gift bags for my team and the librarian. They turned out super cute.




Sweet little bouquet from another one of my kinders.


I gave my kiddos bubble wands again this year.


And ring pops...:)


I also made them a DVD slide show of photos from the year which is very time consuming, but oh so worth it!


Last week was the kiddos last week at school. Thursday morning one of my little sweeties brought me roses. Her mom thanked me for everything and told me how happy she is that I get her little girl again next year. She was crying as she was talking to me which made me want to cry too. I'm so thankful to do what I do and hearing these kind words from a parent just reassures me I am doing what I am meant to do. 



We have water slides on the day before the last day of school every year. The kids love it! The last day is an early release day and the kids don't have to come. I had three show up and they just played and helped me finish up a few things. It was a great year and I can't believe it is over!


By Friday afternoon, exhaustion had truly set in and I spent that evening doing NOTHING! I think I was asleep before 8:30. The next morning, I got up and cleaned my house which had been neglected terribly in the weeks prior. Sunday, the hubby and I ran errands. I went to Michael's to look for a few things and bought this pretty washi while I was there. Love the tropical vibe. I bought some other things as well which I will share soon.


I used it for this week's spread in my planner.


Monday (Memorial Day) we went to visit Joey's mom and then came home and ate supper at my parent's house. I got some plants from my mother-in-law. She is gone a lot and doesn't have time to care for them and keep the squirrels out of them so she gave them to me.




I also added this shelf to the porch. It was in my classroom and I don't need it in my new room so I brought it back home.


Tuesday was my last day of work. We have a district luncheon each year to end the year and honor the retirees and those celebrating years of service milestones. Next year I will get a 15 year pin. After the luncheon, I dropped off some clothes at consignment. I cleaned out my closet Saturday and had a bag stuffed full to sell! Yesterday I stayed home all day...well, Mama invited us down to eat leftovers for supper, so of course we went. She lives close though so I don't consider that leaving home. Anywho, I played in my craft room most of the day. I made a rag garland for my new classroom to use up some fabric scraps and remnants I had stashed. I also printed and laminated a ton of resources and things for first grade as well. I finally found a good use for my light box I bought last year as well and am excited about that.


Today I had a training and tomorrow I have a chiropractor appointment followed by a one hour massage (early birthday gift to myself) and then I have to do a little shopping for a trip I am taking next week. I'll share more soon! Sorry this was such a loooong post. If you stayed until the end...thank you. I appreciate your visits and hope to find some time to visit each of you very soon.

Until next time.....

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Vicky. You have been super busy but with ALL good things. Reading about your classroom makes me want to go back to first grade :)

    I'm so jealous of your massage...sounds blissful. Enjoy, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my students for two years in the AVID program. It was wonderful to watch them grown from 7th to 8th grade. And, because of the closer connections, it was easy to notice if there was something going on in their lives.

    Enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm soooo happy for you Vicky! I think it's wonderful that your students love you so much, and you them. You're right. You're doing what you were meant to do, and that's a fabulous feeling! Good teachers are worth their weight in gold!

    I love massages, and make sure to get them once a month. To me, it is a necessity. I probably should see a chiropractor but have never gotten around to it. I will someday but in the meantime regular massages are heaven on earth!

    Enjoy your weekend and take time for you. You've earned it!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting to keep your little sweeties as you move up to first grade. As a parent, I was always so sad when my kids had to leave a great teacher! I need a nap now after reading your post! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word girl, you should be tired with all that you have been up to. First of all, I hope you have a restful or inspirational summer planned. Congratulations on the move to first grade. It is always good to work with someone you work well with. Honestly, that can make or break the day. It is fun to switch up too every now and then...keeps you inspired as well.
    The party was so cute. Love the milk glass for the toppings.
    I always love plants.
    I need to check out those shoes.
    Glad school is out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicky you are such a great teacher and those kiddos will love having you again next year. My Tiger loved his Kindergarten teacher and I hope he gets someone for first grade like you! May was busy and now it' s June, so enjoy it!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vicky you are such a busy girl. Congratulations on going back to first grade and in keeping your sweeties. That should make it nice come September, because you will already know so much about their personalities and what each one needs from you. It takes a while to learn these things, each little person comes with his or her own baggage (even at 5 and 6 years old).
    I love the rag banner that you made. It is going to create such a happy atmosphere in your new classroom. Cheerful room, amazing teacher . . . it's going to be a great year, I know it:)
    Looking forward to your trip reveal and photos.
    Love ya, girlfriend!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You have been busy! First grade, how fun! And to have your kiddos again is so cool! Your teacher funnies are so true, even for a homeschooling mom. I was so ready to be done this year! ;)

    I think your new classroom will be bright and cheery and full of life! Perfect for learning!

    Your porch plants look great!

    Such a cute baby shower. I love the Bee theme. Such creative party planning.

    I hope you enjoy your Summer, Vicky!!

    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, no wonder you are tired. You've been busy! What fun to get your same class next year. The banner is so cute. The bee shower is so cute. Hope you have a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vicky,
    You have been busy! :0)
    I love that rag garland, that would make a fun valance. (giving me idea's!) :0)
    Hope you have a great week!
    -Tina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....