Pages

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Spring Break Projects

Hello there and happy weekend! I can't believe my spring break is almost over...the days flew by! I can't complain though because I had a little fun, got lots of rest, and was very productive as well. It always makes going back to work easier when I have checked off lots of things on my To Do list! I'm sharing a few little projects from yesterday afternoon.

I shared this clock several months ago here on the blog. I got it on clearance at Hobby Lobby for I believe it was $15. It was originally around $60 I think. The hubby and I had been wanting a clock like this for quite some time but just were not willing to pay too much for one. So, when I found this one, I could not pass it up. The only problem was the color. I didn't hate it but I certainly didn't love it either. I knew it would be an easy paint job though so it came home with me. 


Well, I finally decided to go with white paint and found the perfect one at Lowe's yesterday. I had never seen this before so I of course had to try it


And I love it! It looks so pretty against the dark stained wood wall in the living room. I can't decide if I want to distress it a little. I love the effect of this paint. It truly does have a milk glass look to it which makes me want to just leave it alone. We'll see!


The next project is a little one. I needed something to hang some glass wind chime pieces from for the porch. I found this in my stash and thought it would work well. I had painted it white a while back for another project but wanted something different.


So...I painted it copper instead. Perfect!


Here it is...sorry you can't really see it well but you get the idea.


Here is the wind chime. It sounds so pretty!


While I was decorating the porch, this caught my eye. 


It's so pretty lit up by the sun.


I bought some hooks yesterday so the hubby put them up for me and I hung the wind chime and a few other things, including this cast iron planter I have had forever! I put an aloe plant in it for now.



I also hung the birdhouse I purchased a few weeks ago.


And this adorable little wind chime someone gave me a couple years ago.


The little bird is so cute!


I bought some little plants for the cute planter box I bought at Target last weekend.


It looks cute sitting by the kitchen sink.


I wanted to show you this other paint I bought yesterday with the milk glass paint. I can't wait to find a project for this color. It's so gorgeous!


It's called jade and I love jadeite dishes, even though I only own a piece or two. I am hoping to find something to redo over the weekend.


I also love how the milk glass white, jade, and copper colors look together. So pretty!


And, that's it for today. Maybe I will have time for one more post tomorrow before I head back to work Monday. Yesterday, the hubby took the day off to spend with me. We went to Beall's Outlet, Texas Roadhouse, Wal Mart, Lowe's, and Publix. Then we came home and he started building the new steps for the porch and I worked on the projects I just shared. It was a great day with my best friend. Today, Miranda and I, along with my sister Nancy, her daughters Shelby and Taylor, and my Aunt Loretta are going to see Beauty and the Beast! I can't wait...it's my favorite Disney movie! We are going to lunch before that and I am also picking up something I ordered from Pier One and will share that with you tomorrow. Maybe we will run into Hobby Lobby after the movie if we have time. Anywho, I will share tomorrow. Have a blessed and beautiful Saturday!

Until next time.....

6 comments:

  1. It is so great to get projects done! Enjoy Beauty and the Beast!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make the most of your time Vicky, and these projects are proof you use your time well!

    Enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the clock painted white! I might have to give that milk glass paint a try now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I've never seen the milk glass spray paint! How cool. Love your wind chime too.

    I'm wanting to go see "Beauty and the Beast"! How was it? I hope I can talk Bruce into it otherwise, I'll be looking for girlfriends to go with me. :)

    Sounds like you had a wonderful week. Hope this coming week is unstressful.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how the clock turned out. Can't wait to see more of the milk paint projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That paint sounds awesome. I've never seen one that will finish like milk glass. I'm wondering what I have laying around that would be a good candidate for such a project.

    You were very productive on your break. Everything looks so lovely, Vicky. I hope you and your family had a great outing and enjoyed the movie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....