Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Porch Progress & a Few Fun Finds

Hello friends! Happy 2017! 
I hope this finds you well and happy and enjoying the new year.
Oh my...there's been so much going on around here. I'll fill you in as we go.

Source
 If you are a regular reader (friend), then you might remember that I have been waiting to begin my front porch project for quite some time. I mentioned in December that we were finally starting on it. It's not a fast project but that's ok. We just work on it as time permits and I am good with that. I'm a kindergqarten teacher so patience is one of my strongest virtues. LOL!
Here's a picture of the deck boards...it took two carts to load them all and talk about a workout trying to push one!


The deck portion of the porch is complete! It is so nice...and so big! It's 10' wide and 32' long. I am beyond thrilled with it! Next up will be the roof which we hope to begin soon. We would have started it this weekend but rain and freezing temps permitted us from doing so. Also, Joey's mom was admitted into the hospital for some tests. We are waiting for pathology reports to come back next week so we know exactly what we are dealing with. Thoughts and prayers are welcomed and appreciated. Some of you may remember we lost his dad to cancer just over 5 years ago. This is hitting him very hard and we are just praying it is not cancer.


I thoroughly enjoyed my two weeks off for winter break. I actually returned to work this past Thursday for two teacher workdays. I worked Thursday but ended up taking Friday off to stay with my mother-in-law in the hospital. She had just been told she most likely has cancer and I could not leave her alone. Joey or her boyfriend couldn't stay since she was in a semi-private room, so I stayed with her Thursday and Friday nights. She (we) got to come home yesterday and I am enjoying being home until I have to go to work in the morning. I am exctied to see my kinder babies. I missed them!

I did some shopping over the break...mostly clearance shopping. I found some great deals!
At Michael's I bought mostly scrapbooking supplies. I have been working on a December Daily album and am also doing Project Life this year. I have been enjoying it so much. I have been using an app called Collect and it makes it so easy to document a special memory from each day. I can share more about that in a future post if anyone is interested. Just leave me a comment and let me know.


I order from Peachy Cheap occasionally and love this kit! Isn't is fun? The colors make me happy!


Of course we have made several trips to Lowe's to purchase porch suipplies and I had to check out their Christmas clearance as well. I got the Allen & Roth copper colored mercury glass balls there and the hooks. The galvanized and copper wire snowflakes came from Michael's, I am LOVING copper these days and I especially love galvanized and copper mixed. They will be used to decorate in my kitchen next Christmas.


I ran into Pier 1 to look at this tray last week. I want it for my coffee cart (which we have yet to build) but I didn't buy it because it is too big. I might go back and buy it anyway though because I love it! Copper trimmed galvanized metal....gorgeous!

Source

 Anywho, while I was there, I of course spotted the Christmas clearance and found these things. 


Copper colored jingle bells!!!


And this ornament is trimmed in copper paint too.


That same day, I ran into Target to use a gift card and purchased a few Valentine's Day items in the dollar spot as well as some planner stickers and some kraft cards.


Yesterday after we left the hospital, I needed to stop by JoAnne's to look for something and of course hit up their Christmas clearance. They had a lot left but I only purchased some sticker books for my class as well as a couple large bottle brush trees and some thick baker's twine.


This is what I went in for though. It was on sale and I got an additional 20% off for being a teacher. It ended up costing less than $9. It was originally $30! I was so happy about that. I have been wanting one for a while now. It is a fuse tool and will be used for scrapbooking.


I also received an order from Amazon containing my album for my December Daily and several packs of pages, as well as some tabs and Gelly Roll pens to write directly on top of photos. 


And here's a little snapshot of my desk where I have been working on it. I have a few pages done and will share when I finish it. It has been a fun project!


So, what have you been up to? 
Have a wonderful day!

16 comments:

  1. Good Morning Vicky, now you need more containers to organize all your purchases, LOL. Your new project sounds fun and having new pens, stickers and trimmings makes working on it more exciting. Our JoAnne's Christmas clearance was pretty much picked dry when I went in last week. Got to love those clearance racks!
    I'm very sorry to hear your family news and will be praying.
    God bless you and your family.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh . . . P.S. Your new porch is going to be amazing. I love that you are making it so large, you'll be happy that you did. It is going to be your favorite hang out room, wait and see :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicky, sorry haven't been around for a while! Lovely to see that you are still finding some amazing finds, I just LOVE that tray xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That porch is going to be amazing! I can't wait to see it completed! It look as though you found the jack pot with all your clearance goodies! I didn't find one sale after the holidays!
    That tray from Pier 1 would look great in your kitchen. Yes, you might want to go back and get that! ;)

    I'm sorry to read about your family news, I'll definitely be keeping you all in my prayers.

    Have a great week back at school Vicky!

    Hugs & Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your porch is going to be so nice. You'll be spending a lot of time there in the nice weather. Sending prayers for ypur mother-in-law. Health issues are always difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello dear Vicky...so, so good to catch up with you! It surely has been awhile...and I have missed you! {{smiles}} What a happy post filled with the most delightful, happy things! I just came home from stocking up my ribbon and fabric collection - I feel all cheery inside and simply cannot wait to begin some crafting! My, but you found some adorable goodies! I think I need to come to the States just to visit your craft and hobby stores! Hee!
    Happy 2017 to you - sending lots of love your way! Also...I wanted to tell you that the beautiful little book you made me a couple years ago was finally put to good use - I went on a youth camp as a counsellor and needed a notebook to pen my thoughts and such in and yours was the perfect thing for it! Yay! Thus...you've been in my thoughts so much lately!
    Hugs,
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You have certainly been busy hitting the clearance isles and found some delightful things. Having a special room and desk must make it much nicer to craft and yours is just lovely.
    That wood you chose for your deck is gorgeous! I can remember when we did our back deck, oh the joy of it all, and I love using it. It just finished off the back yard. Our front deck needs replace, maybe this year??
    My theme this year for our Christmas dinner was the nutcracker that I see you bought from Pier One. I even made chocolate Hershey bar favors that looked like nutcrackers. We have four grand son's, so the nutcrackers were perfect. It was a delight decorating with those fun colors.

    Have a blessed week, dear lady♡

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You have certainly been busy hitting the clearance isles and found some delightful things. Having a special room and desk must make it much nicer to craft and yours is just lovely.
    That wood you chose for your deck is gorgeous! I can remember when we did our back deck, oh the joy of it all, and I love using it. It just finished off the back yard. Our front deck needs replace, maybe this year??
    My theme this year for our Christmas dinner was the nutcracker that I see you bought from Pier One. I even made chocolate Hershey bar favors that looked like nutcrackers. We have four grand son's, so the nutcrackers were perfect. It was a delight decorating with those fun colors.

    Have a blessed week, dear lady♡

    ReplyDelete
  9. The deck is going to be such a welcome addition for you. I remember when we had ours done a few years ago. It was difficult to find someone to do the job (it's a second story deck so it needed to be done by a licensed contractor) but once it was done I was thrilled.

    Sorry to hear about your MIL. It was so thoughtful of you to stay with her. I'm sure she's very grateful.

    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. From all you did, you must have been exhausted after your vacation.

    I hope your mother-in-law is on the mend and that you have a good week at school.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The deck looks awesome so far, I bet that's exciting! I'm sorry to hear about the family issue, I hope it all works out for the best. You got so many fun goodies, I didn't do any after Christmas shopping! I'm snowed in today, they cancelled work! Yippee! I'm hoping to get some projects done with my free day!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always find the best things on your shopping sprees. I love after Christmas sales and getting something new for the next holiday.

    I'll be praying for Joey's mom...and all of you.

    Can't wait to see your December pages.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry you have to start the new year with illness in your family. Prayers to you and your family for a good outcome for your MIL. Your deck looks great and the wood is gorgeous! You found so many goodies at the sales. I always say I am going to hit the after Christmas sales but then I am so over Christmas stuff that I don't buy anything!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry to hear about your mil. I will be praying for her and you all as well. Hope y'all get the best news possible.
    The progress on your porch is exciting. That's going to be wonderful! Love those galvanized snowflakes too. You found some great deals. Nice!
    Please keep us up to date on your mil.
    Hugs
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have been one shopping machine Vicky! I love everything you found and that tray is awesome! I don't blame you for getting it even if it is too big, you will find a place for such a sweet industrial piece. I am so happy for you to be getting a new porch, what a fun place it will be to hang out and entertain. Happy 2017 :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can you imagine how much space your new porch will give you? Looks amazing. Can't wait till it is done Vicky. My prayers are with your MIL. Hope you receive good news. A big hug to Joey and many positive thoughts coming his way from us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....