Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Third Annual Christmas Ornament Exchange

Hello friends and Happy Sunday! I hope this finds you doing well. As for me, well, I have been home sick since noon on Friday. I had to leave work early because I felt so bad. I am feeling better now but still have a tickle in my throat causing a painful cough, but even that has improved. Enough about that though! I am excited to announce that it is time for my Third Annual Christmas Ornament Exchange! I can hardly believe it's that time of year again! Seems like I just did this! I am really looking forward to this year as some of my newer blog friends have decided to join the fun! 
The more the merrier I say! 


So, for any newbies.....
No big rules....just don't spend over $15. Your ornament can be purchased or handmade by you. It's up to you...:) You can send additional items if you wish, just remember it is not required so don't feel pressured to send extra items or disappointed if you only receive an ornament. I think an ornament and a nice hand-written note is sufficient, but I know some of us just love shopping for or crafting items for others, so you may choose to include an additional item or two. It is entirely up to you...:) Also, you will make two new friends since you will send to a different person than you receive from! Also, please let me know in your comment if you would be willing to send to someone out of the country. I have a few blog friends from other countries whom I want to be able to participate if they wish. I personally don't mind shipping to another country and it's not too expensive if you keep the box as small and light weight as possible.

Speaking of another country, you may be wondering about the photo I chose for the invitation this year. This photo is of the area in Prague called Old Town, where the Christmas Market is set up every year. I am over the moon across the Atlantic excited about my upcoming trip to Prague to visit my daughter, Miranda! I leave on Christmas Day...:) I thought it would be over before I got there, but I was thrilled to learn that the Christmas Market is open through the New Year! I have heard European Christmas Markets are amazing and cannot wait to visit this one.

OK... back on topic! Sorry, I just had to share! 

Here are the details:

1. Sign-up will run today through Saturday, November 7th.
To sign up you just need to leave me a comment! I will contact you after I get your comment and you can then send me your name and address. Please make sure you are not a no-reply blogger. I won't be able to e-mail you if that is the case. Some of you know already you are a no-reply blogger, so if you don't hear from me by e-mail, I will reply to your comment here and ask for your e-mail.


2. I will announce your partners by Sunday, November 8th.

3. Purchase (new or vintage) or make an ornament (spending limit is $15). This will be easier to decide on when you get the information I willl be sending you about the person you will be sending to. I will send everyone a questionnaire to fill out and return to me by e-mail to assist your partner in selecting what to send you.

4. Ship your ornament by November 21st.

5. I will have a link-up on my blog on or by December 12th so you can show off your new ornament from your new friend!

It has been such a blessing to host this exchange for the last two years and I am excited to host again this year. I do hope you'll participate again (no pressure if you can't) and pass the word along to any other bloggers whom you feel would enjoy participating. If you would like to check out the exchange posts from the last two years to get a better idea how this works, please click here and scroll through the posts. :)
I look forward to hearing from you!

21 comments:

  1. I would so love to swap , so excited to be a part of this. Thanks so much for having this, Di@Cottage-Wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Diana...you are showing up as a no-reply blogger. Can you please leave your e-mail here for me to contact you? Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I am glad to be participating for the 3rd year and can't wait since it is always fun. Hope you feel better soon dear friend.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was getting anxious since you had not mentioned the exchange. I am so excited! Yes, I can ship out of the country. As a third year veteran I can attest to the joy of giving and receiving in this exchange. Thank you, Vicky, for all the work you do for us to enjoy Christmas cheer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicky, Please count me in your exchange. So glad you are hosting it again.

    The photo of the Christmas market is beautiful. How great you'll be able to visit the market while you are in Prague!

    Feel better soon, Thanksgiving is coming, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicky, I put your exchange on my blog. If not okay, please let me know. Thanks, Pam

      Delete
  5. Hi Vicky,
    I'm excited to be joining your exchange for the third time to send in the USA please.
    I do hope that you feel better soon.
    Thanks for arranging this fun swap.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello dearest Vicky! Oh, I was checkling your blog throughout Sunday, and I must have just missed it as I went to bed early!
    So very sorry to hear you've been ill...hope you get better very soon!
    Now...I would simply LOVE to join you, if I may! Parcels that I send via airmail take 3 to 4 weeks to arrive at the overseas destination...but let's hope with the Christmas rush it will arrive sooner! {{Smiles}}
    Thank you for hosting, dear Vicky...and m so excited for you that you get to go and visit Miranda in Prague...an adventure of a lifetime!
    Blessings to you and have the most wonderful week...big hugs to you!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Vicky! That photo looks soooooo beautiful!! I can imagine how excited you must be!

    So sorry to hear you were sick. I know so many people who have been sick very recently. I can't stand being sick! All I need is a fever of 99 and I'm out for the count. Such a woos. Lol

    I won't be joining in the exchange but wanted to stop by anyway and see how you were doing, hope you get back to your old self very, very soon.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you are better and make it to school tomorrow.

    Count me in again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry Vicki that I will not be able to manage this, I hope that you all have lots of fun swapping though! I am sure that it will be great fun!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am SO excited to join in this year, my first! I hope today finds you feeling better. I am also so excited for you for going to Prague to see your daughter and that Christmas market. That is one of the things I have always wanted to do....go to a European country at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Count me in! This was so fun last year; I'm happy to participate again. Thanks so much Vicky for the work that you put into this exchange. Congratulations on your upcoming trip to see your daughter. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am definitely in and I don't mind shipping out of country! I have enjoyed participating the last two years.
    I hope you are feeling much better today. The Christmas Market looks amazing!
    :-)
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Vicky...count me in!!
    I'm still away getting mom settled for the winter and away from my blog, but I would love to join in on the fun please.
    I've got a plane to catch soon do I'm off.
    Love to you~~ Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Count me in Vicky! It was fun last year so I'm sure it'll be great this year too :o]

    Hope you're feeling better soon.

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  15. Me too, Vicky! I'll send anywhere.

    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Vicky! :)
    So glad you included me in your email, because I came here last night and then forgot to comment...doh! ;)
    My first year and am so excited!
    And I'll send anywhere too!! :)
    So giddy for Christmas!!
    I hope you are feeling much better now!
    Big Hugs, Kimberley

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you are feeling better Vicky! Never fun being sick. This was so much fun last year! I would love to be included again! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, yes, YES!!! I can't believe I almost missed this! I look forward to your ornament swap every year since you started it, sweet friend {{smiles}} I am very glad my mom mentioned it to me because I would have totally missed out since I have been away from blogging.

    Can't wait, dear Vicky! Thank you so much for hosting as I know it's a lot of work. Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. YIKES! I have been away from blogland too long, I almost missed this.

    Please count me in, I was so sad when I realized I missed last year's exchange.

    Beautiful photo and I'm thrilled you won't miss the Christmas market.

    I hope you are feeling much better, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....