Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Finds, Flowers, and Fruit!

Once again I have a hodgepodge post to share today! It seems that's all I share these days, but hopefully I will have some remodel posts coming up soon since we will be remodeling our guest bathroom soon and then the master. We are planning to start soon!But, for today, I will share some happies from my week. 

You may remember I was out of town for a workshop Sunday night and Monday. It was awesome! Tuesday I only worked a half day due to my endocrinology appointment. I met with the doctor that day but she was unable to do the ultrasound and biopsy that day so she scheduled my for Thursday morning. So, Tuesday started out at work where all the teachers received a beautiful rose as a thank you from a local resident. Then, I picked up my Mama and we went to Gainesville to the doctor. After that, we stopped by TJ Maxx. I was excited to find the perfect suitcase for my trip! I will be posting some of my purchases for my trip soon!


Moving on, I went to work Wednesday and then took Thursday off to go back to the doctor. The hubby took off to go with me. I was a little nervous, but have been through this procedure before so I knew what to expect. The doctor was able to get a good sample of cells to send off. She looked at them herself under a microscope and she said they looked like normal, healthy cells. I'm praying she's right! Anywho, I only had to endure three needle sticks. The first two were not too bad. The third was a little uncomfortable because she aspirated the nodule and drained the fluid out. This took 3 or 4 minutes. She got a lot of fluid out and is hoping it might not fill back up. All this time, I was leaning back with my head down and I was getting nauseous and light headed. That was the worst part! Anywho, as long as the pathology report comes back clear, then I will not be having my right thyroid lobe removed right now. If this continues, then in a year or two, I will go through with the surgery. I will go back and see her in 6 months to reevaluate if the report shows no cancer. After we left, I did a little shopping at Tuesday Morning, Target, and JoAnne's. I was so excited to find these adorable plates at Tuesday Morning! I can't wait to set a table with them! They are just small dessert plates but will look cute stacked on some plain red, green, black, or white plates.






Not sure which one I like best! The hubby likes the truck the best. I just can't decide!
I found a few crafty things there as well. 
The gold and black Christmas stickers are actually from Target's Bullseye's Playground...formerly the Dollar Spot. I got a great deal on the Tim Holtz products! The small paper is travel themed and will be used to document my trip to Prague! 


Here are the Target and JoAnne's goodies. The little trees and rhinestones are from JoAnne's. The 3-pack of red jars was just $3 at Target. They also had bigger ones. I bought some trims from Target too. They had lots of great items for Christmas for $1-$3. 


These were $3 each at Target. I am planning to use them to hold fresh greenery for Christmas. I will probably hang one on the door. I love the copper colored one!


They are flat on the back for hanging. I couldn't pass them up!


After we shopped, we had a nice lunch and then went to see this movie.....


It was an awesome movie! I always like movies that are based on real life events. I'm sure you remember when the copper and gold mine collapsed in Chile back in 2010. Unbelievable that these men lived for 69 days underground. I highly recommend it, but take some tissues! 

On to Friday....I went to work and had fun making some Thanksgiving things with my kinders. I completed my lesson plans and a few other things after work for when I return on the 30th. I came home and got ready to go watch my nephew and our local football team in a district playoff game. We lost, but our boys sure played with heart! Saturday morning I went to see my hairdresser for a trim, came home and the hubby and I went to pick up a new bathtub for the guest bathroom, and then we went to my mother-in-law's to visit.

She has a tangelo tree growing in her backyard and it has lots of fruit this year. They are so sweet and juicy! 


We picked several to bring home.


I had to take a picture of this gorgeous and unusual flower. 


They look like raspberries before they open up. So cool!


The little lavender blooms remind me of bells.


My mother-in-law used to make crafts to sell. She still makes a few things but she has been trying to downsize her craft supplies over the past year. I went in her shop and rummaged around and she gave me what I wanted. Look at this beautiful biscuit tin she was storing things in! Isn't is gorgeous?


It is quite large too. That's my sewing chair it is sitting on and it is pretty wide.


The tin was made in Germany. I cannot read what it says but I was able to fin some similar ones on Etsy going for $30-$60 something dollars! I will be keeping mine and probably storing whatever I am currently working on in the living room.


She gave me a box full of different size Styrofoam balls. I just went to Michael's last weekend and paid around $3 or $4 for 6 and that was with a coupon! I'll be returning those now!


I have the tin crammed with several yards of fabric, fringe trim, a small tree for my kitchen shelves, a pink feather boa, pearl trim, chenille stems and so on. I need to find homes for all of it!


Not the best picture, but she also gave me this metal basket. It looks like it is designed to go on a bike, but I have other plans for it. It is really neat!


And, that my friend, is it. Sorry this was so long! If you stuck around to read it all, thank you! I hope to be able to post a couple times over the break. I am so happy to have this week off work. I have been needing a break. I want to thank you for your thoughts and prayers for my thyroid. Hopefully I will have results soon. I thank you for your thoughts and prayers for Heather too. I saw her last night and she is doing better. Her most recent x-ray on her lung showed improvement. You all are the best! I hope you have a wonderful week ahead. 
Until next time.....

 
 

14 comments:

  1. What a busy week!! Such good news from the Dr and prayers continue that it's not cancer! Love all you fun craft finds. I'm trying to not buy too much butt its so hard when cute things are cheap! LOL!! I love those plates and the plaid is adorable. I think my favorite is the station wagon, but all are super cute. They will make a fun table. Enjoy your break and family time.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sweet friend, you and Heather are in my prayers and I'm grateful that at least the initial impression from the doctor is a positive one.

    You found some great bargains in the stores as well as in your MILs crafts.

    Enjoy your week off and have a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your dr appt went well, I hope you don't have to hear that dreaded word "cancer". All your finds are fabulous! I love the plates, would love to set my table up to look so pretty, but I have a
    mess on it all the time ......so it won't happen. Can't wait to see what you do for Christmas. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such good news from the dr. I'm glad to hear that. Have a happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vicky! :)
    I am so glad that your appt. went so well, I have been thinking about you!! And it is good news that you won't need the surgery right away too! Such a relief to have that appt. over with!
    And I would have done the exact same thing, gone shopping afterwards...that's like a lollipop for big girls! ;)
    Love your Tuesday Morning plates - I'm partial to old trucks, so the truck plate is my favorite, but they are all so cute!
    Love your Target and Joann finds too, don't you just love that red pom pom trim from Target! I thought that was a steal for 1.00!
    That tangelo tree is amazing! What an amazing mother-in-law to give you those things, love the tin and the metal basket!
    Have a wonderful week ahead and Thanksgiving!!
    Hugs, Kimberley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great health news about both you and Heather. You found some delightful things - love the plates. I am totally green with envy over the fabulous biscuit tin. Enjoy your fall break!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The good health news is wonderful.

    I am not going in stores this Christmas - we're going on a family vacation so there's no shopping and no wrapping going on. But, I might just have to check out Target.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Vicky! It's good to hear about your happy's. I won't comment on all of it as it would probably be as long as your post - lol - but I'm glad the procedure is behind you and am praying for the best possible results. And lastly, I just have to comment on those cute plates! The Beetle is my favorite (I used to have one). Gah, they are adorable! Good haul from your mil. Hope you enjoy your week off. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure you're happy to have that appt. behind you and to have gotten the good news so far. Health issues are always a weight on our minds.

    Those plates are adorable, and I'm with you. I can't decide which one I like best. Great find! We don't have a Tuesday Morning here. I think I've been to one just once, but I'm not sure. You got some pretty good stuff from your mil., and those pails from target are cool. I like the copper one too.

    Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good news on your health, beautiful flowers and fabulous finds! I especially love those adorable Christmas plates!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for good results on your biopsy. Just got great news on another friend's angiogram so I am inspired and optimistic for you too!! Have a wonderful time off from work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Vicky, you and Heather are both in my prayers . . . think positive and have a wonderful holiday. Those dessert plates are so cute, my favorite is the woody wagon; those buckets ate very cute too . . . the fact that they hang flat against the wall makes them very special.
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Saying a prayer that your pathology report comes back with good news. Thanks for sharing your pretty flowers on this cold November day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Saying a prayer that your pathology report comes back with good news. Thanks for sharing your pretty flowers on this cold November day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....