Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sunday Smiles

Hello friends and happy first day of March! It has been a week since my last post......life has been busy! I wanted to share a few smiles from the week with you. My daughter, Miranda was home for the weekend and she tried to get a selfie with Sadie. Sadie is not a fan of cameras, so it didn't work out...lol! We had a nice relaxing weekend at home spent with family. I wish it wasn't over already, but sadly it is. Miranda is on her way back home and I am preparing for the week ahead. This week promises to be a busy one with parent/teacher conferences every day after school. Good thing is, Spring Break begins on the 13th and I will be off work for 10 days straight! Not that I am excited about that though...;)


I finally put a candle in my new lantern...:)


I like this area. I need a new clock here though. This one has kicked the bucket...lol! I want one that looks like an over sized pocket watch. 


I am finally reading this classic! 


I ordered new silverware this week. Isn't it pretty?



I have been using Oneida Michelangelo for my entire married life. A few of my forks have went missing over the years and we needed some new ones. Michelangelo is vintage now and sells for quite a bit of money so I may sell some of my old set. We'll see...I still love it. This Wordsworth is very pretty too though.

 

You may remember me mentioning our upcoming kitchen remodel. Well, we picked our cabinets up Friday night and I am in love with them! I can't wait to get started. We're hoping to start tearing out one side of the kitchen this week!


For now, my dining room is filled with boxes of cabinets!


I am going to have so much more storage with these new cabinets. My kitchen will be a little larger because we are reconfiguring it a bit and bumping out bar out into the dining room about 18-24 inches. I love this corner cabinet with two lazy Susan's inside!


I have wanted a white kitchen for years. If you remember I live in a mobile home and my cabinets are not traditional cabinets so they were not worth repainting. We got a great deal on these stock cabinets at Home Depot. I have lots of plans floating around in my head. It's so hard to be patient when we finally start on a project! I wanted it done yesterday....lol! It will get done though. 

I hope you had a lovely weekend and I hope your week is even better. I am off to print some things for school tomorrow and get ready for this busy week. 

Until next time.....


 
 

13 comments:

  1. Miranda and Sadie - what a pair. I am envious of your progress on your kitchen. Ours is at a standstill until the puppy gets well. The addition of time to think about my choices was NOT a good thing. I am lucky I did not purchase anything for the kitchen yet. Will you be able to complete the redo during your Spring break? Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all so very exciting Vicky! I want to come help you unpack those cabinets. You are so fortunate to get a new kitchen and NEW flatware to boot!

    The lantern is so perfect with the lit candle. Great light to read To Kill a Mockingbird. One of my favorite classics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dearest Vicky and a very happy March to you! It was just lovely getting to know you during February and I look forward to much more blogging with you throughout March and the rest of the year! :).
    You have such a beautiful daughter! I'm sure you must miss her a lot, but special to have her home for a bit...:)
    I see you are reading To Kill a Mockingbird...is it good? I've heard so much about it lately and would love to know if you would recommend it!
    You must be thrilled to be doing your kitchen up - a white kitchen sounds so lovely - can't wait to see pictures of it all finished:)
    As always, I loved stopping by your blog! May your week be simply splendid!
    Hugs and much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cabinets and can't wait to see the final kitchen! I know you are excited about it. To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my all time favorites and know you will love it. I love that Harper Lee is finally publishing another book after all these years...supposed to be about Scout all grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicky, you amaze me... you teach little ones all day and then you come home and remodel or make projects - I think you are Super Woman!

    I can't wait to see your kitchen when it's all done. I know it will look fabulous :) And your new silverware is beautiful!

    Happy week to you, my friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicky, wow I know what it is like trying to get a photo of the dog - Bosco hates his photo taken too! Good luck with the new kitchen cabinets and how nice to have them new. I can't wait to see the finished kitchen. Hope you have a nice week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOhhh, the cabinets are great Vicky! It's going to look so nice in there, I can't wait to see! I'm so glad you guys decided to remodel your mobile home, it's looking so beautiful :o)

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see your new kitchen! Even in the boxes they look stunning!! My Coco is an absolute pain to get a decent photo of, she is the most unphotogenic dog EVER!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vicky, I love your cabinets! I love white kitchens and so much storage! Fabulous. Visits with our out of town children always go too fast! Ashleigh will come sometime in May to visit after Sara has the baby. I miss her lots! I love the big wall clocks, mine is Paris themed (of course). Have a good week! Sara is looking forward to Spring break also.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting...a kitchen re-do! Your cabinets will look so lovely...I really have come to like white cabinets. I have the paint to paint mine but am a little nervous about it. I have never read "To Kill a Mockingbird" either :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Vicky, What an exciting adventure just ahead, white cabinets are so rich looking! I think your new pattern for the silverware is just beautiful! Have a great week!
    Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you had a good visit with your daughter. :) I can't wait to see your kitchen redone...it all sounds fantastic. I like the pocket watch look clocks too (you have great taste! Lol), I hope you find one you like! You know, I've never read "To Kill A Mockingbird". Guess I need to borrow a copy and do so. Have a wonderful week, Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh nothing is better than a new kitchen you choose yourself. I do remember it wasn't easy and is very inconvenient for awhile, but I love our kitchen better than anything else we have done to the house. We bought our cabinets at IKEA and hubby did it all.

    That is such a wonderful classic book. Read it many years ago. Have a good rest of the week. Yay for spring break coming!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....