Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Catching Up.....Art Journal

Hello there! I mentioned in yesterday's post that I couldn't believe that I was posting two days in a row during the work week, but this might be a record because I'm back with a third post. :) I have been trying to stay true to my word for this year...diligence. But, sometimes life happens and I fall behind on things. I am trying not to beat myself up when this happens, but strive to get caught up. At work, I have been staying ahead with my lesson plans and various things I prepare each week. This is keeping me from having to bring my work home on the weekends. I have been falling behind on some things at home though, so that has been my focus the past few days....catching up at home. Today I decided to get caught up on my Documented Life Art Journal project. You may remember these pages I shared at the beginning of January.....


Well, those pages were the only ones that I had completed. I had started on some others but had not finished them. Well, that changed today! I completed three more today and that just leaves the one for January 31st. I plan to get it done over the weekend. I'll share the pages I completed tonight. 

The challenge for January 10th was to use gesso. I had never used gesso before, so I had to order some from Amazon and wait for it to arrive to do this page, so that's when I fell behind. Anywho, I painted the pages with gesso and let them dry and then I used watercolor paints to complete the pages. The journal prompt was the beginning is always today. I chose to represent this with a moon and sun. 


The challenge for January 17th was The Color Wheel and the prompt was a quote by Georgia O'Keefe....
"I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn’t say any other way . . . “ 
I chose to paint circles, changing colors as I went. I doodles shapes around the grey edges and wrote a few quotes with white a Sharpie paint marker around the circles.


I like how it turned out...:)


The January 24th challenge was writing and the prompt was words with friends. I found an inspiration picture online and used it as a guide. The ladybug holds significance for my best friends and I. Please ignore my goofy back legs....my ladybug looks more like a cricket! LOL! 


I found a saying I liked via Pinterest and went with it. I feel like words aren't always necessary with true friendship. Do you know what I mean?


I am no artist, but I have had fun with these challenges. I am happy to be caught up and am hoping to get started on some embroidery this weekend as well. I haven't had a chance to use any of the supplies I ordered and I'm excited to get started. I hope each of you has a beautiful Friday. 
Until next time.....

 
 

20 comments:

  1. Vicky, all the pages are great. I really like the color wheel week a lot! I'm enjoying this very much and while I'm no artist either, its kind of freeing to just do it. I'm working on 1/31 week and will have it up by Sunday I hope.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your art journal Vicky! Such a lovely idea:). Many blessings to you! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love both this project and the various ways that you have taken it. What a wonderful, creative thing to do! Art is also therapeutic, as I'm sure you know. Love it all...can't wait to see the other things you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That journal must really help you wind down. That is lovely! I never stay ahead at work. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your art journal is so pretty and you did a great job with your painting. I do hope that you have a nice day and weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pages and I love the friendship quote.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure could have fooled me, Vicky...your work looks like that of an artist :)

    Your journal is beautiful and bright - just like you. Happy weekend, sweet friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning Vicky, Thank you for sharing your journal pages . . . they are absolutely wonderful :) You have a real talent for journaling and you are inspiring me to get mine out . . . I am ashamed to say how long it has been. All of your pages are beautiful, but my favorite is the January 17th.
    Here's wishing you a lovely weekend.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Vicky, You must be having so much fun doing that journal! I bet it is hard to get everything all done every day! I have not worked full time in over 25 years. And I find some days I do not have enough energy to do it all!
    Blessings to you!
    Happy Valentines Day ...
    Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is soooooo cute. I love your ladybug Vicky. Very artsy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love seeing your art journal and think the idea of having a challenge is a good idea, it gives you something to think about....I'd need a starting point, can't wait to see more of yours. You are an artist!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your journal pages are simply beautiful. You make me want to get my journal out and start creating.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really pretty pages Vicky, and that friendship quote is so true. Your ladybug is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Vicky! I'm behind on reading my fav blogs so I'm playing catch up tonight. :) I love your journal! I just started one for memorizing Scriptures. It's fun and I hope by adding meaningful art, it will be easier to memorize. :) I like the ladybug...wondering what the significance is. One of our Ladies Retreats was on "Ladies Better Understanding God" thus lady bug.
    Anyway, way to go on keeping up with stuff! Have a wonderful rest of the week!
    Hugs
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love what you have done here Vicky! The quote is so thought provoking and the colours really have brightened my day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've done a great job and the quotes are well chosen. It's so difficult not to fall behind with our projects.

    ReplyDelete
  17. By this time of year I have ignored my art journal so much, it is hiding in shame somewhere. Good for you - diligence is paying off! (Once you gesso, you never go back!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow! You are so busy! I hope you sit on the couch and put your feet up once in awhile! Love your art pages....very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  19. An Art journal... huh what a cute idea! I'm not a very good art person, but this might be kinda fun to get creative with. I do a bible study that you have a lot of drawing and coloring to do and that has been fun and very inspiring. Plus, when I get bold in my bible, it seems to stand out more. The scriptures just seem to pop right off the page!

    I hope you have a wonderful day and a lovely Valentine's Day too!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, your journal is looking so pretty Vicky! I've worked with Gesso before, it's kind of cool. The whole thing is beautiful including your lady cricket bug! lol!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....