Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Christmas Decorating.....Part 2

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas here on Willie Mae Lane. 
I am 98% done decorating! It is a lot of work but when it's all done and I can sit down and enjoy the fruits of my labor, it is worth it. Tonight I am finally able to sit down and enjoy it and as I look around at all the lights and festive decor, I am happy. Yes, it was worth it. I want to share my favorite new addition to my decor this year.  You may remember this little truck ornament I shared a few days ago.


I kind of fell in love with it at World Market and it had to come home with me.
I had seen folks all over bloglandia with the cutest little vintage trucks or cars with Christmas trees in the back or strapped to the roof and I just had to have one for myself. 


I haven't had any luck finding a vintage one, but when I spotted this one I knew it would work.


 I had also seen some in apothecary jars and this one was small enough to create the vision I had for it. It was actually perfect and the cute little wreath on the front just sealed the deal.


I bought a few bottle brush trees at Wal Mart and here it is.....


I just love it! 
 I might not get real snow here in Florida, but I can have some in this little scene in my jar. 


It sits upon my little heater along with some freshly cut cedar and a quilted crystal votive cup.
Simple but so pretty.
Santa sits on the stool with his pipe in one hand and a book in the other. I have had him since my kids were small. He was a gift from my mother-in-law. The base is a tape player and it came with a tape of the night before Christmas. Not sure if it still works or not, but he is always part of my decor.


And, for those of you who read my post yesterday and remember me mentioning adding some fresh cedar to the tablescape, here is an updated picture. It's just what the table needed.


I am feeling a little out of sorts tonight. I am returning to work tomorrow and while I am happy to see my sweet kinders, I am not looking forward to the stress and pressure of my job. The joy has been stolen from teaching and there is just too much to do and keep up with. It is nearly impossible. I am going to try my best to make the next three weeks as fun and magical as I can for my students though. 
Christmas time should be fun. I'm still going to "teach", but I want them to have fun while they're learning. 
I'm also a little sad tonight as I remember that tomorrow, December 1st, makes three years since my father-in-law passed away. I miss him a lot and wish he could have had more time on this Earth.  
Anywho, not trying to be a downer, I'm just sharing my feelings. I hope to find some time to post some more of my Christmas decor this week. We'll see! As for that list I had for my break, I am happy to report that the majority of the things I had on it were accomplished and I had a lot of fun too. I spent some quality time with all my loved ones and for that I am grateful. 
Have a wonderful week everyone.

I'm linking up here.....

 

Until next time.....

 
 

21 comments:

  1. You got a lot accomplished during your time off, Vicky! Your Christmas decorations look awesome and I love how your car, bottle brush trees came together in the jar. Everything looks so cute! Don't stress out about the next three weeks. You're doing just fine. This year has gone by too quickly. 2015 will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Vicky I missed phase one, but I surely enjoyed seeing the little truck!
    And the next snow storm I will send you a box full okay!
    I have a friend that says the same thing about teaching, so much is paper pushing and stats. I hope you will be released from most of this stress that bring no good to you or the children.Enjoy the now and enjoy this Christmas season. We love you and we think you must be the best teacher ever!
    Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little truck is so sweet, I didn't realize how small it was until I saw it in the jar...adorable! It's difficult not having our loved ones with us, especially during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicky, that tiny truck in a jar is just too cute! Love it! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you did with the truck and your vignette is so cute! I totally understand that there is so much to teaching today that you can't just teach...too bad we can't be left alone to teach our kids...the bureaucracy makes it impossible. You'll make it...your attitude is right; it's all about the students!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Santa and the story! Christmas is wonderful but we also have memories of those we've lost and some changes in our lives to deal with. Wishing you a wonderful week.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I can't believe you found a jar to fit. Thanks so much for sharing at the Make it Monday Party! Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Vicky! I love your little truck - it makes me want to run out and find one...I do have an old toy plastic truck of mine, maybe it will work. Yours is adorable though! Love all your touches.
    I'm sorry for your loss. I don't know that we ever get over missing our loved ones - We only have my MIL left and miss the others still. Hugs to you. I know you will make this time as wonderful as possible for your students. I think it's sad they don't get to experience what we did. I'll be praying for you.
    Hugs
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that little truck and the vignette you created with it! I love the little cars and trucks with trees strapped on them too. Last year I made one with an old Avon cologne bottle that was a truck shape!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your "vignette in a jar", very fun! I hope you can enjoy the weeks ahead with your pupils... The last days have been hard for me as well, with projects I didn't choose but were chosen for me by the schools: they are not interesting and are taking the fun out of the job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too love your vignette in a jar.

    And, I sympathize with you on the woes of teaching. So many of my former colleagues are complaining that the curriculum is no longer fun for the students or the teacher. Hang in there - the pendulum swings constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your sweet little truck vignette in the jar. It's so lovely. I have to say that I would much rather have snow in a jar than in my backyard. It is nice at Christmas though, and then it could be gone... but it's not. lol. I empathize with you Vicky, and I'm so sorry for your loss. Christmas is a wonderful time of the year, but it can also be a little sad at times because we miss those who are no longer with us, but we make it as joyous as we can because we know that's what they would want.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love the truck in the mason jar decoration you made! This is such a stressful time of year and so much work to do! I know you will get through it since you seem to be a very organized person! Hang in there and enjoy the rest of the week.
    Hugs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh Vicky - I've been looking for a little vintage truck everywhere - yours is sheer perfection - just beautiful !!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your little truck Vicky! So cute! All of your decor is beautiful. I hope you have a stress free week my friend! Those kids are Blessed to have you for a teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Vicky, now that truck is amazing, what a treasure, everything is looking so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Trucks and trees in jars - LOVE!!! So glad you shared this on Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The truck looks grest in the jar, so festive and fun. Great idea. I've been admiring all those photos with the vintage trucks with trees myself.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You must be a wonderful teacher Vicky It's too bad bureaucracy gets in the way of that, and steals the joy out of what you do.

    Except for our daughter, I have no blood relatives. She's in Singapore, so the holidays aren't all that big a deal for us, but we have each other and our health and that is what I focus on. Sounds like your father in law is missed and was taken too young. Sorry to hear that, but in the end all we really get are our memories. Nothing stays the same.

    (Your little truck is adorable!!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your little red truck! Who can resist them? I can't. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....