Pages

Monday, September 1, 2014

A Little of This and a Little of That!

Hello! I can hardly believe my 3-day weekend is coming to a close. It was such a nice weekend and I got a lot accomplished, and had some fun as well. I wanted to thank you all for the sweet comments on my last post. I'm sorry I didn't get to reply to them. It was my first full week with my kinders and it was an exhausting week. I was just too tired to get everything done, so I'm afraid I slipped on replying, but please know how good your words make me feel. I am loving my "new" spaces, even though they aren't complete, but I love hearing that other people think they look as nice as I do. You all are the best! As for what I accomplished.....the hubby and I finally got my chandelier hung....love it! I'm debating hanging some crystals from it. We'll see!


We also hung my shelf and I created some sweet vignettes on it. I'm looking forward to fall decorating, but am loving having my bee items back in place after being packed up for weeks!


I also did a little shopping at TJ Maxx and Tuesday Morning and found some sweet things. I love my new milk pitcher! I'll share the other things soon.


I had a couple really tasty meals...one with my sister and two nephews at Longhorn Steakhouse on Saturday night and another with the hubby and son at Chili's today. I love the pork carnitas fajitas from Chili's! So yummy...check them out.


We also went to see this movie......


It was excellent...cannot say enough good things about it. Sony Pictures says this about the movie......Inspired by a true story, WHEN THE GAME STANDS TALL tells the remarkable journey of legendary football coach Bob Ladouceur (Jim Caviezel), who took the De La Salle High School Spartans from obscurity to a 151-game winning streak that shattered all records for any American sport. 
I love sports movies and true stories, so this was a win win! So clean too...don't remember hearing even one bad word and even had scripture references throughout the movie. I will definitely be purchasing this one when it is released.

I am happy to report that I also got a lot of junk cleaned out this weekend and am trying to get rid of stuff. We have a truck load of donations to haul to the Hospice Attic soon. Feels so good to purge! We also got one of the bedroom doors hung and trimmed out, just need to paint it. We cleaned out a spot in the shed for all of our supplies and tools to get them out of the house and my dining room is looking good. Still waiting for trim...hopefully in a couple weeks we can get started on it and finish it up this month. I cleaned out the guest room closet and reorganized my decor shelves. I did a few things for my classroom as well. 

I'm excited about a book club/study my friends and I are starting. Our first read will be this one.....

I love Charles Martin...he's my favorite. I have every one of his books and have this one ordered...it releases tomorrow! He's very similar to Nicholas Sparks, but an even better story teller. I always love his characters. He's from Jacksonville, Florida and references things in the south a lot, so I relate to that too. He has been to our middle school twice to speak to our students about writing. I missed him both times...:( 
Maybe there will be a next time...I really want to meet him and have him sign one of my books!

I hope each of you has a blessed and beautiful week. It's just a four day work week for me, so that's exiting. I'm even more excited to have my daughter, Miranda coming home this weekend for an early birthday celebration. She will be 25 this month! I can hardly believe it...time flies!

Until next time.....

9 comments:

  1. You have been busy. I used to love the week after Labor Day at school - a four day week and by that time the students knew the routines. The chandelier looks great - I see it with a garland of fall leaves with bronze acorns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great milk pitcher...your vignettes look good, as always. Doesn't it feel good to purge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Vicky! Been catching up reading as we were camping without internet. Love the chandelier and shelf. Thanks for the info on your favorite author. I haven't read anything by him and will look him up. I read everything by Carl Hiassen, my favorite author, when we lived in Florida. He's great.

    Have a good week back with the kinders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are always going, aren't you, sweet friend :) Where do you get your energy? Everything looks wonderful! Hugs to you, Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have been busy for sure Vicky. Enjoy your short week and Miranda's birthday celebration this weekend...sounds like more fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being back to school is always rough at first! Glad you had such a good weekend. Love that you got things done around your home. My oldest was here from Cali and we had a family dinner with my Mom here also and it was great!! Can't wait to see what you have to share! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you've been sick, but I am glad you enjoyed your holiday weekend. I will check out the book I like Nicholas sparks. Your milk pitcher is pretty, congrats on getting so much done after being ill, I would've just lounged about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My word, do you ever stop Vicky! I love the chandelier, I am still trying to find an old one to hang in my garden and put a load of solar lights on... however Autumn is now knocking on the door so this project will have to carry over to next year. Take care my lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Vicky,
    Love it all, of course. And I spied my bike picture on your shelf...that just tickles me. It's nice to get things cleared out and donated, isn't it? Enjoy your short week!
    hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....