Pages

Friday, July 4, 2014

Red, White, and Blue....and Eggplant!

Happy Independence Day everyone!
 I hope you have a blessed and beautiful day surrounded by friends and family!
 Since we are renovating our living and dining room, I had to pack up all my junk stuff and we have gotten rid of almost all of our old furniture, so I have nowhere to decorate...:( 
It's ok though because I am super excited about the renovations and can't wait to share.
I was excited to receive an unexpected piece of happy mail this week from my sweet blog friend, Pam from Virginia Retro. If you don't know Pam, be sure to go visit! You will love her collection of vintage tablecloths and lots of other goodies she collects! She sent me one of her beautiful handcrafted 4th of July tags! This is my only decoration for this year. It is hanging on my fridge. 
Love all the details on this one little tag...:)



She signed the back...:)


Isn't it the cutest?


Here it is on the fridge.


And in case you were wondering about the little wooden shoes, here's a close-up. My Aunt Loretta brought these back to me from her trip to Europe a few years ago...:)


And just because I think it is delicious, I am sharing a quick and simple hot sandwich recipe with you today. We have been eating a lot of different sandwiches this summer. Mama and Daddy have had a plethora of eggplant and have shared a lot with us. My whole family loves this stuff! I got creative the other day and made this sandwich. Here it is in simple terms...

Toasted ciabatta.


Chicken tenders...browned in a little olive oil and butter mixed.


Fried eggplant slices...yum!


A slice of muenster or provolone or even mozzarella topped with a dollop of marinara or spaghetti sauce. That's what I had on hand and it was tasty too!


Here it is all put together...so yummy! Mama was making them last night and was going to try coating the chicken in panko bread crumbs and browning them. I think that would be yummy too since the bread crumbs add a crunch to it. I will try that next time...I was out of bread crumbs when I made mine. 


Anywho, I will share my latest treasures I found this week with you over the weekend. I got some great stuff. I am off now to Lowe's to pick up bead board and tongue and groove planks for our plank wall! I am also picking up snacks for tonight's fireworks and am over the moon excited that Miranda is coming home for the weekend. I found out she was going to be home alone for the 4th and could not stand it, so I asked her to come home and she is!!! So looking forward to our weekend full of family, food, and fireworks! Enjoy yours as well....:)

Until next time.....

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like your renovation project will be great...can't wait to see it. Looks like a great sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card! Oh my, that sandwich does look delicious. Enjoy your holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure got right to work on the reno. Good luck finding all the things you want. I want to see how the plank wall turns out. Eggplant - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooohhh that sandwich looks wonderful! I'm not much on eggplant, but you made that look good enough to try it again. My oldest daughter is always trying to get me to like the stuff, just can't. :) When ever we have a dinner get-together she always wants to bring an eggplant dish.
    I just love your decoration that your friend sent you. I will have to go and visit her blog.
    I trust you have had a beautiful day.
    Blessings! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you are so excited that the renovations are moving forward! Yay!! Love the tag and how sweet of Pam! The sandwich sounds good! Have a great weekend.
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Vicky, your sandwich looks amazing and I tastes great! We love eggplant and there are so many great ways to use it. I hope you are enjoying your 4th of July. Have a great weekend.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vicky, glad you liked the little tag! I had such fun making them this year I got carried away, so decided to share with some blog friends. :)

    If I lived near you I would be over to pick up an eggplant, lol. I love eggplant, and eggplant parm is a favorite meal in our house. Your sandwich looks yummy!

    Good luck with your renovatioms!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE eggplants (or aubergines as they are known over here). I fry them and use them as lasagne sheets... stomach is rumbling now! Enjoy the rest of your weekend my lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never been too big on eggplant - partly because we never know how to fix them. We should try your sandwich.

    Love the patriotic tag!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi sweet friend! I hope you had a lovely Fourth of July. Your sandwich looks quite delicious! I don't usually eat eggplant, but I think I will have to try this one.

    Enjoy your week, dear Vicky! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....