Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

Playing House

Hello and happy Monday! I am so thrilled to have another full week off work. I have lots of little things to accomplish on my To Do list, but nothing major so I am hoping to have some time to relax...:)
You might have read my last post where I mentioned taking down all my Christmas decor and getting my house back in order. I decided to move a few things around in my kitchen when I put things back that had been packed away for Christmas.  I thought I would share a few vignettes.....nothing spectacular, but they make me happy!
 First up is this little corner shelf. The shelf and everything on it was thrifted....except the little bottle on the top shelf. My hubby found it at work one day this past year. I love my little butter bell and the adorable cow creamers.


I tweaked the area on the left side of the stove a bit and added my vintage cheese dome (a gift from my Aunt Loretta, Christmas 2012). I also moved my large apothecary jar over here as well. It holds various tools....a juicer, an apple cutter, cupcake corer, choppers and biscuit cutter, etc. 


On the other side of the stove is my flower pot of large utensils and my salt jar. This is one of my favorite pins I have tried. You just cut the top off the salt box and place in in a ring on a canning jar. So simple and I love the way it looks...:)


On the other side of the kitchen is the coffee and snack station. The jadeite cannister on the left holds granola bars and the apothecary jars hold nuts.


This is one of my favorite thrifted finds...a beehive cannister. It is definitely vintage. 


This is a piece I created by marrying a cheese dome and plate with a chunky wooden candle stick. I made this a couple years ago and it has been used to hold coffee filters since.


In front of my sink is a plant, ceramic egg crate and a few bottles. I got these bottles for free recently and plan to one day use them outside on a bottle tree


You might have noticed this little sock monkey cup in the coffee station photo above. It was a gift from one of my students...:) He is too cute! I just love his handle ears.


I used it this morning and enjoyed a nice cup of hot chocolate with marshmallow cream. 


One last thing to share that has nothing to do with the kitchen. The hubs and I went to town earlier to run some errands and he needed to run in Tractor Supply. I normally don't care much for this store, but they always get neat items in for Christmas and I thought they may have something cool left and on clearance. I was right! I found this awesome twine holder made from chicken wire. It comes with cutters too. It was normally $9.99, but was 40% off so it was only going to be $6. When it rang up though , it was only $4.59! I was thrilled. I plan to paint it black and of course it will live in my craft room. Best thing is, I bought two of them so I can include the other one in my upcoming one year blog anniversary giveaway! So be sure to keep checking in for details on that. 


I do hope your Monday was a wonderful one! I am excited to share some treasures I picked up on my trip to town today...but that is for another day. Have a blessed week my friends.
Until next time.....

6 comments:

  1. Vicky, you do not like Tractor Supply!?! I buy my clothes there! Really! I will have to look for that cute twine holder when I go for dog food later this week. The egg baskets are adorable there. Love how you have tweaked your kitchen decor. My favorite was the salt box top on the jar - what a creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little kitchen vignettes! I need to finish taking down my Christmas and get the house tweaked into 2014 decor! I'm looking forward to it. Love the twine holder...so cute! Wishing you a very Happy New Year! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some very pretty items and decor in your kitchen. Many pretty and useful things. Thanks for sharing Vicky! Have a blessed new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you are getting your house in order. I started a couple of days ago but was pleaded with to keep the tree and fire place still sparkling until New Years. Really looking forward to de-cluttering next year and decorating each room. Looking forward to seeing more of your vignettes! Happy New Year xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of your vignettes, especially those bottles. Happy decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cuteness, love the ceramic cows. I'm not a fan of Tractor Supply, too expensive, but your twine holder is cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....