Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Nothin" but School Stuff!

Hello everyone! I'm still alive here.....just been super busy working on things for my classroom as well as working on getting my classroom cleaned, organized, arranged, and decorated. This has left little time for blogging and nothing to blog about. So, since it has been a week since my last post, I decided to just share some school projects since that is all I have for now. 

 First up is this bulletin board. I forgot this thing was even in my shed. It used to hang on my daughter's bedroom door. It had seen better days, so I decided to cover the whole thing with this sunny yellow polka dot fabric from my stash and I used a tea towel and bicycle clips that I ordered from World Market on it to make it even cuter...:) I also added some rick rack,  pom pom fringe, and buttons....all from my stash and this is what I ended up with! I love it...:) I will pin personal items on it....photos, note cards, etc.







Next, I put a few of my cupcake liners to use to show you this little sweetie that will hang in my classroom. I just love it. It is hanging in my craft room in this pic so...please overlook the clutter! It got a workout over the weekend...:) I just love the liners as sweet little shades for the white lights....magical!






I also made this adorable book jacket banner to hang in my windows! I have it stretched across my craft room here. I dug through the books I had at home and found 11 jackets.....just enough for what I needed. I love how stinkin' cute it turned out...:) I actually hung this in my classroom today and fell in love with it! I'll be sharing my classroom soon, but I am not finished just yet!



Last crafty thing to share is this name banner to hang over my desk. I still have to run ribbon through the top part, but it turned out super cute. I just love all the bright fun colors!






Well, that's it for today! I have a super cool project my hubby has been helping me with, but it's not ready to be revealed yet! I still have to paint it, so maybe sometime this weekend. I am off to bed so I can get up early and head up to the school again! I have accomplished so much this week and can't wait to finish! 

I wanted to mention that somehow I was switched to a no reply blogger and just found out. This has happened 3 or 4 times now....so frustrating! I have left lots of comments on blogs over the past week (that were most likely sent to your span folder) even though I haven't written my own post. Sorry about that! Thanks for visiting....until next time.....

12 comments:

  1. Such wonderful projects! Can't wait to see your finished classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bicycle clips from World Market - I would never have known to look - they are too cute.

    Your book page banner is great- can't wait to see you post your classroom.

    Your name banner- also so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your classroom is going to be so welcoming and fun!

    With the 'no reply' I have now reverted back to Blogger for good as Google+ kept changing me to a 'no reply' and I didn't know it until I had commented on a few blogs and someone would tell me. So annoying! All's good now though. Enjoy the rest of your week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bunting! It's cute and colourful. I think I need to stop reading blogs and go back to my school work asap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, Vicky, how cute! Can I please come to class? Your class room must be the envy of all the other teachers - you are incredibly talented :) Thanks for sharing, sweet friend.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicky you are just so clever! Love the book banner and the name one also. Cute Cute Cute little bulletin board but my fave....cupcake papers on the lights...how cute is that! Can't wait to see your finished classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vicky, your classroom is going to be so cheerful! I love all your clever ideas...you'll be the envy of every teacher there. It's great that you are able to share your creativity; especially in a learning environment!
    Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to seeing your classroom. What a way to spark young imaginations! Hey, you've sparked my old imagination, lol. Have a wonderful day!

    Theresa @ Finding Grace, Going Mobile

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those students are going to be super motivated to read in your classroom. Love the lights and the book cover banner. Can't wait to see the final reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute!!!
    I LOVE your banner Mrs Hunt :)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, your stuff is super cute!!! (Wasn't that a tag line on some TV show?) You are so talented. I love the book jacket banner. I guess I never realized that teachers work so hard outside of the regular classroom day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun and they are turning out so cute!! I wanna be in your class!! I wonder if my kids would like it if I made myself a banner and hung it up somewhere in my home?!
    I can't wait to see what your classroom will look like when you are all finished!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....