Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Fun On the Fascination!

Hey y'all! I'm rested up and here to share my first round of cruise photos! I decided to share them by theme, and today's theme is Fun On the Fascination! I have several photos of things on and around the ship. First up is the day we arrived to board. Here is the ship from the charter bus I was on. I can't believe how massive it was!


The boarding process and safety meetings were a little stressful to me, but after everything settled down, I started to enjoy it. Here we are as we set sail! We had an excellent view from the 11th deck at the front of the ship or fwd as they call it.


After we were underway, we went inside to find our stateroom. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. We had an inside room with no window or balcony. Next time we go, we want to splurge on a balcony room! They cost a lot more but we went in one and it would be worth the extra money to have the private balcony to sit on. Here are a few photos of our room.....





There are so many decks to explore! We visited most of them I think. We went out every evening to enjoy the sunsets! They were spectacular!


The lifeboats were really neat to me.....they each hold around 145-150 people.


Below is a couple photos of the Palace Theater. It was two levels and had so many seating options. There were live shows in here (no photography was allowed...sorry) as well as bingo and other game show type games. It was such a cool theater!


Here is the staircase leading up to the second level. 


The ship had it's own library full of books. I don't know why I didn't snap a photo of the bookcases, but I did get the chandelier and the fireplace seating area. It was a beautiful library!



These cool metal palm trees lined the halls leading to one of the restaurant areas as well as the seating area in the restaurant. They were so neat! 


The view of the pool from an upper deck was so pretty! This was taken early before it got too crowded. The pool is filled with salt water from the ocean each day and drained, cleaned, and covered with a net each night. Check out the cool metal palm trees around the pool. I thought they were real!


At the rear of aft area of the ship is a mini water park. This area looked like a lot of fun for little kids!


The deck below the one I am standing on here was called the Serenity Deck for 21 years and older. It was so quiet and peaceful and there were two jacuzzis just for adults.


The view from my dining room table.....so beautiful!


Here's the lobby area all lit up at night. The brass staircase and the lighted elevators were so pretty...:)


Here is the lobby rotunda during the day....:)


One of my favorite things about this cruise was that there were literally hundreds of places to sit and except for the pool area, none of them were really crowded. This place was a favorite....padded window seats to sit and watch the world go by!


This is a bar area at the rear of the ship on the Lido Deck. There is a pizza and deli area here as well. 
You can also get soda in the bar areas of the ship. 


This is in the dining room. Each night, the waiters and staff entertained us with a dance or song! This is our waiter Ninad....he was awesome!


I was so impressed with the cleanliness of the ship....the workers are always cleaning something! They clean your room twice a day and when you come in after dinner, you have a new towel animal along with the itinerary for the next day and two chocolates that say Sweet Dreams...:) My favorite towel animal was the elephant! I even bought a book that shows how to fold them...:)


Well, I hope you enjoyed your mini tour of the ship! Be sure to check in tomorrow and see some of the delicious food I had on board! Thanks for visiting...:) 
Until next time....

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, how fun! I have been somewhat skeptical about cruises because of all the bad things happening on them lately, but I am thoroughly impressed :) It really does look and sound fun. The animal folds are adorable! Can't wait to see the yummy food :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the trip with you. So many wonderful photos. I am so glad you enjoyed yourself. It looks delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ship! They really are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting, this is as close as I will ever get to a cruise........I will still dream on one tho. Looks like it was a fabulous time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your room looks so comfortable and what a luxury to have your room cleaned twice, chocolates and a different animal towel. A proper holiday! Can't wait to read more.
    Chel x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....