Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2013

A Walk On the Islands! (& a Birthday)

Good evening everyone! Today I am taking you on a walk with me, (if you want to go) but this time it's not on Willie Mae Lane! It's on two islands.....Half Moon Cay, and Nassau, Bahamas! These walks are just a tad different than my walks at home. I have always wanted to see those beautiful crystal clear blue waters I had only seen in photos. I am happy to report, I can finally cross that off my Bucket List! 

 First stop on our walk is Half Moon Cay! This is one of my new favorite places on Earth! This is what I saw from the ship! Do you want to see more? If so, then come along and walk with me....but first, a little boat ride from the ship to the island!


Ok....we're here! Time to get your land legs back on! The first thing that greets us is the beautiful , tropical plants! I had to stop and snap a few photos!


The bougainvillea were everywhere and in several gorgeous shades....pink, red, coral, and gold! So beautiful! These tropical beauties will grow where I live in north central Florida, but you have to protect them during the cold winter weather.


Ok.....let's get to the beach....that's what I have been waiting to see! Oh my goodness.....is this gorgeous or what? Just look at that water......spectacular! Oh how I would love to go for a swim right about now!


I love the way the sun dances across the ocean floor!


Let's explore some more. Here are some sea grapes. I learned from my friend Ernan who was cruising with us that these are edible. She was disappointed because they were not ripe. Ernan is from the Virgin Islands and grew up eating these! Her son Adrian is my son's best friend...:)


Look....what's that up in the tree? Oh....it's just some coconuts! Now that's something I don't ever see growing along Willie Mae Lane!


Look at all these beautiful sights! So pretty....each one!


My feet are getting tired from trekking through the powdery white sand! How about yours?


What's this? A sweet little chapel on the island...:)
 I would love to attend service in this adorable little chapel!  
Wouldn't this be a special place to get married?


Just when I started thinking.......


It was time to head......


Bummer! Oh well....we are sailing off to see another island after a delicious dinner & a good night's rest! 

Here we are.....Nassau! This is our view from the ship as we are preparing to dock!



Off the ship and.....


Lots of pretty sights to see here too! Check out that catamaran.....she is called the Yes Dear!


So many things to see! More tropical flowers and trees,  a hat wearing horse pulling a buggy, spectacular architecture, a native Bahamian painting a conch shell, Nassau's flag, and the Straw Market!


I don't know about you, but I am tired and hungry. Let's sit down for lunch and take in the beautiful view.


Not that view....although it was a funny one! These bottoms are on the ceiling of  Senor Frogs where we ate lunch. Too funny! LOL
This was the view I was referring to! Our table overlooks this on the dock where we are dining!
That's a starfish that fell off a boat when it was drying out.


Lunch was divine and now we can walk some more! Oh...this must be the boat the starfish fell from!
Conch shells for sale for $5 if you want one! Look at the gorgeous colors of them!


More sights to see.....everything is oh so colorful here!


I don't know about you, but I am hot and tired and ready to head back to the ship! But first....check out the view we have of Atlantis! Maybe some day we will visit there too!


Well....here we are, back at the ship! It never fails to amaze me the massive size of this thing! 
How about you?


Thanks so much for taking a walk with me! 
Donna....I do hope this walk will suffice for your Sunday evening reading pleasure...:) 

Oh...before I go, just wanted to wish a Happy Birthday to the love of my life! These photos are from our day in Tallahassee yesterday with our daughter, Miranda. We had a great day together! We had a yummy lunch at Outback Steakhouse and then went to see Monster University. It had been years since we had seen  an animated movie as a family.....it was really cute...:) After the movie, we met Miranda's boyfriend John for ice cream at Marble Slab Creamery. She had been wanting her dad to try the peanut butter concoction she and John love. Chocolate ice cream, peanut butter, Reese cups, and Reese's pieces all mixed together. I am not a peanut butter fan,  so everyone but me had that and I had the cake batter with white chocolate chips and caramel...Mmmm! And, since I have done nothing but eat for the past week, I guess tomorrow starts my diet.....:(
Anywho.....
I appreciate each and every one of you so much. Tomorrow is my last cruise post and I'll be showing you some fun finds I came home with! 
 Enjoy the remainder of your Sunday evening!
Until next time.....
 
 

4 comments:

  1. It more than suffices, Vicky! I could not wait until just before I went to bed to read this post. I will just have to come back again. Love all the sights you shared. Half Moon Cay is beautiful. I would love to walk that beach. So very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have never been to the Bahamas, but we taught school in Jamaica so we know the clear blue sea. It all looks so lovely and I know I would jump right in the water. Our ocean never gets very warm, but I remember swimming in the Caribbean and loving the feel of the water and the sand.

    i am glad there is no Marble Slab near us. I LOVE their ice cream, but try to avoid it.

    Good luck on a new eating regimen - I try not to call it a diet because it seems to just connote negativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun, Vicky!! I can almost feel the sand between my toes and the sun on my face :) Love the picture of your feet and the bottoms and feet on the ceiling made me take a double-look and then I started laughing :)

    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so beautiful! I love that white sand, I've never seen sand so white! The food looks so good in your previous post too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....