Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Bridal Shower Decor & a New Fur Baby!

Happy Monday friends! Today was pretty good for a Monday two weeks before school lets out for summer! Only 12 student contact day left! Can I get a Woo Hoo! The students are as ready for summer break as we teachers are...:) Funny thing is, I love my break, but spend half of it working on school stuff and after a month or so, I start itching to get back to it. I guess that's a good thing though....it means I love my job...:) Anywho, I thought I would share what I spent part of my weekend working on. Thursday night, I am helping hostess a bridal shower for my niece's sweet friend and I was in charge of decorations. So, since the bride to be didn't have a preference in theme or colors, I starting browsing Pinterest for ideas. I was inspired by the cake you see below. 

Source
Isn't it just adorable? Well, I decided to go with this cake and use purple in place of the pink. My niece told me that purple is her friend's favorite color. I later found out that purple and green are her favorite colors, so I think she will love it! The cake we are having made will have a top hat on the groom pear and a veil on the bride pear...cute huh? I can't wait to see it...:)
I made the decorations. You can see the buntings and pom poms I made in the photo below. 



The next couple photos are just some of the items I am using to decorate with. I am using my milk glass vases & silver trays, as well as a few other items from my home. 



The next two photos are the centerpieces. You might remember the green flowers from Friday's post. They look very pretty wrapped in burlap! I found the sweet purple votive holders at Ross Saturday.....3 in a pack for $2.99! 


You can see the burlap and paper layered under the silver tray in the photo below. Some have purple prints and some green. 


I found this sweet little heart frame at Michael's Saturday for just $1. It was unfinished and I painted it white, added some pearls, made some yo-yo flowers and a couple other flowers and some burlap leaves and trim and voila! A pretty frame to display a black and white photo of the sweet couple  at the shower...:)


I still have another banner to make....using sheet music! I'll share that one later. I can't wait to get it all put together! I sure hope she likes it...:)

Now.....I also got a new kitten Sunday! My mother-in-law had a stray have kittens under her porch and this was the one that didn't have a home yet, so she came home with me...:) My daughter wanted so badly to take her home, but it didn't work out with her living in an apartment and having roommates, so I brought her home and she can see her when she comes home. She wanted to name it Sheldon after Sheldon Cooper on The Big Bang Theory, but, it's a girl, so we named her Farrah after Amy Farrah Fowler from Big Bang. My family loves that show...they are too funny! She has been running across my laptop while I am trying to type and I can't count the times I have had to redo parts of this post...LOL! She's a feisty little thing but she already has my heart! I love kittens and cats...:) I tried and tried to get a good picture of her today, but alas, it wasn't in the cards! She is far too hyper. This one is from yesterday at my mother-in-laws before we came home with her. She's  a cross between tabby and calico....a very strange mix! She is a cutie though...:)


Well, I'm off to cook supper before my evening walk. Have a blessed, restful evening my friends and thanks so much for visiting!

Until next time......
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new fur baby, Farrah! She is adorable and I love that you found it in your heart to bring her home. The bridal shower is certainly looking great. My favorites are that frame with the yo-yo flowers and the banners. I love the "pear" theme and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have plenty going on, don't you? The party plans look to be loads of fun. Great ideas and your creations are so sweet. Have fun with your kitten!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. That kitten is just adorable. I hope she won't play too much with the pompoms and banners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicky the lucky bride will have such a cute shower thanks to you! Love the colors and how crafty you are! Now I'm in LOVE with Farrah! I am a cat lady for sure and this little girl is a cutie! Enjoy!

    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....