Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

.25 cent Treasures & a Tablecloth!

Hello everyone! I can't tell you how happy, happy, happy I am it's finally Friday! It sure has been a long week! Lots of exciting things are happening to some special folks in my life today....:) One of my teaching partners and friend celebrated her birthday today....we had a nice lunch together (in spite of the rowdy 5th graders)! And.....one of my very dear friends had her baby girl today....9 lbs!!! Can't wait to get me some sugar off those sweet cheeks...:) Seems like so long ago since I had my babies....I sure do miss those days! My baby is almost 18....where did the time go?

Anywho....just wanted to post a few little treasures I go today after work! I spent a whopping $2 for all of it....each thing only cost me a quarter....woo hoo! 

I believe this is tatting....so delicate!


A good sized piece of lace!


Another piece of tatting....I would love to learn how to do this!


A sweet lace trimmed white hankie!


A cute little sandcastle to place under a small cloche with my summer buffet vignette!


A gorgeous little turquoise dish...no markings, but I know it's vintage based on the discoloration & crazing on the white inside!


A sweet little seashell dish to add to my summer vignette!


And 6 knobs for various projects! 
They are plastic, but you would never know from looking at them! They will receive a paint job.


Now....this next piece I found earlier in the week and fell in love! It is a patchwork lace tablecloth in perfect condition and cost only $2. I can't wait to use it in a pretty tablescape!


And before I leave you, I wanted to share a beautiful picture I took a couple of years ago and just came across again! This was on my old Blackberry phone which I recently gave away. I had to download all my pictures off it before I gave it away and this was one of them. It was taken early one morning at church before our youth set out to build a wheelchair ramp. I just love the sun rays penetrating the foggy morning. Absolutely breathtaking! To God be the glory.....:)


I'm off for a fun filled evening with the hubs!
Until next time!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have made a great start to your weekend! I love your finds, how do you do it?! The tablecloth is my favourite with the turquoise dish a close second. I came across an old SD card the other day and found photos from a couple of years back that I had completely forgotten about. Maybe I need a photo album or two once more! Have a great weekend my lovely. Chel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't know how, other that I have some really good thrift stores around! I am in love with both of those pieces also! I cannot wait to try the tablecloth out...:) Your photos are always so beautiful! I love, love, love to visit your blog and go sightseeing...:) Blessings and enjoy your weekend as well! Vicky

      Delete
  2. Vicky great and very thrifty finds! I also want to tell you that photo is amazing! Love it! Thanks for visiting my blog!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda and thank you for visiting! I appreciate it so much...:) Have a blessed weekend!

      Vicky

      Delete
  3. Oh, I love your lace collection, the handkerchief and the tablecloth are really pieces of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all such lovely pieces and such good deals! I will be posting pictures of the tablecloth on my table soon! I did my first tablescape ever! Thanks for visiting....I always enjoy hearing from you!

      Blessings,
      Vicky

      Delete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....