Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Vintage Valentine from a Former Valentine!

You might be wondering what's up with that post title! Well, I am a former Valentine....that's my maiden name. and I wanted to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day! Yep, I traded in that beautiful last name for Hunt. Not as pretty, but one I am equally proud to own...:) I wanted to share a "vintage" picture I drew years ago....like when I was 14 or 15 years old! Isn't it cute? I was attending a christian school at the time and they asked me to draw a picture for the Valentine's Day Banquet program, and I drew this zipper heart. You can see both below...



Funny the things you keep...lol! Anywho,  I can remember all the teases and comments growing up....due to my last name....especially on Valentine's Day. I got a lot though because I was Vicky Valentine...double "V" and you know kids think everything is funny! I've always liked the holiday, but it's not one I make a big deal over. I am a teacher though and I can say that the kids....no matter what age....and I have taught 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 10th....LOVE Valentine's Day! I remember loving it as a kid too...:) My kiddos had a blast this morning exchanging cards & candy with each other. Several of them brought goodies for me as well. I have the sweetest kids....and always refer to them as my OTHER 63 kids. We have block scheduling in 5th grade so i have 3 groups of kiddos. Here are some of the sweet things they brought in to me today!


Candy...candy...and more candy!


A sweet carnation from a sweet little boy...:)


Some cute little notepads....teachers can always use these!


And some cute little post-it notes! Another fave in my classroom!


A cute balloon!


Another balloon and a red rose...:)


Two pretty coffee cups!


Some shower gel and a small scrubbie!


And a yummy smelling candle...:) 


The candle shown above is from my little student who has Cupcake for a nickname. She always brings cupcakes in for parties and gives cupcake themed gifts. She is a little fashion diva too and her favorite color is pink. She had the cutest outfit on today....complete with a headband with pink springy hearts! Adorable!!! Here is the ceramic cupcake container she gave me at Christmas....:)


I felt the LOVE today...:) 
I feel it every day though...like I said I have some sweet kiddos!
Until next time.....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....