Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

A Little of This & A Little of That

Today I decided to share several things....thus the title! First up are a couple small before and afters of some recent thrifty finds! The little daily bread platter got a coat of white paint. She's looking a little better, but I'm not thrilled with her. I'm not sure what I l will do to change her....yet!



Next up is this cute little frame. Never mind the stains on the cardboard back. It wasn't bad before, but.....


after is so much better! Now to decide what to put in the frame! I wish I had a sweet little piece of embroidery to put in it, but I'll come up with something!


The next two pictures are signs of spring in my yard. I just love my red-leaf maple in my front yard. It has grown up with my children and is so pretty all leafed out in the summer! Here are some new leaves budding out....beautiful! I love how the shed blurred out in the background...:)


This is a sweet little wild violet bloom that hasn't opened yet. The first one on the plant so far this year. This plant is pretty hearty and will withstand some pretty cold temperatures. Speaking of cold....we are supposed to have a hard freeze this weekend....UGH! I do NOT like cold weather!


Another before and after....but this one is just a sneak peek! This is a project I am working on for my guest bedroom.....if we ever finish it!



Last....I wanted to share just a few treasures I found today after work. I found this metal plate rack for $2. The small tray was a find from last weekend's big haul of treasures! Now I just need to find two pretty plates just the right size to put in it!


I also found this pretty candle holder. It is pretty good sized too....about 10 inches high including the base. I am planning to use it more as a cloche than a candle holder. The base is brass or something similar, but has some discoloration, so I think I will paint it. You'll be seeing it again!


I don't know why, but I just had to have this pretty ceramic box. I plan to include it on one of my library bookshelves when I finish it. I can always store bookmarks in it or any number of things. It is about 7-8 inches in diameter and was just $3. The price tag was still on the back for $15.99! One day I hope to see the Eiffel Tower in person!


With Easter just around the corner, I couldn't pass up these bunnies! They are adorable peeking out of their bucket and watering can. They are Home Interior and were $2.50 for the set.


This beautiful shamrock looks like crystal, but it is actually a hard plastic. It was only fifty cents so it had to come home with me!


These sweet little bunnies are so small....just a couple inches high overall....I love the one in the swing! They will look sweet under one of my small cloches! They were $1


Here's another sweet little bunny figurine....it was $1.


I bought two brand new sets of drapery clips. I have never used them before, but I couldn't pass them up for $2. I can paint the cherry wood or use them as is. They aren't as red as they appear in the picture!


This next treasure was thrifted out of my yard! I have had this armillary for a few years and it has a nice rusty finish to it now! You can't leave anything meatl out in Florida and not have rust on it! It will reside on a library shelf as well! I have seen these a lot in blogland and decided I might as well bring mine in and use it inside!


And....the last thing I wanted to share is my new quilting book I bought! I really want to make a quilt and these truly do look easy! Maybe one day I will start one......:)


Thank you for letting me share with you! I hope you enjoyed looking and will come back to visit again soon! Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....